- Commemorates World AIDS Day 2013: Northern Uganda – Health Integration to Enhance Services (NU-HITES) Project
NU-HITES covers fifteen (15) districts in Acholi and Lango sub-regions of northern Uganda and provides technical support and capacity building to increase the availability of a range of high impact interventions in the area of HIV/AIDS services, TB services, malaria prevention and control services, Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health (MNCH), family planning and nutrition services using people-centered care.
- Plan Uganda’s new project to rescue 80,000 children in Kamuli
Being among the districts in the country with embarrassingly low health indicators, Kamuli District is set to benefit from a massive project that is set to rescue over 80,000 children under five years from the claws of malaria, malnutrition, HIV/AIDS, diarrhea, and pneumonia, among other child-related illnesses that claim thousands of children every year.
The District, through Plan Uganda in partnership with the local government administration, has just launched a new project dubbed Strengthening Community Responses to Promote Childhood Survival (SCORPES) with funding from Plan Germany to a tune of $1.4m (about Shs 3.6b).
- PAN-DENTAL SURGERY: Introducing the first digital dental laboratory
It's a new world out here, the digital age. Pan dental surgery is migrating to a whole digital dental laboratory, where every laboratory work will be done within the surgery with a click of a button.
This German technology has a history of over 28 years: everything is under the dentists control with CEREC, from the image to the finished restoration. This is made possible by attention to detail including simple process implementation and fully developed software. You have clinically reliable restorations resulting in no surprises.
- WORLD DAY OF REMEMBRANCE FOR ROAD TRAFFIC VICTIMS: Activist calls for road safety campaign
The World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffi c Victims was held yesterday. The day is used to remember people who died or sustained injuries due to road accidents. Mr Fred Tumwine Nkuruho, the executive director of Uganda Road Accidents Reduction Network Organisation (URRENO), spoke to the Daily Monitor’s Joseph Bahingwire.
- MAKERERE UNIVERSITY : Makerere University and Astel Diagnostics, together with six partners, develop a simple screening test for detecting sleeping sickness parasites in tsetse flies
Makerere University, in collaboration with a Ugandan manufacturer Astel Diagnostics Ltd, and six other implementing agencies from Congo, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi, South Sudan, Sudan and Tanzania, have successfully developed a new test that can accurately detect parasites in tsetse flies that cause sleeping sickness.
- Catholic Church launches National Domestic Violence Campaign
The Catholic Church in Uganda in partnership with the Irish organisation Trócaire and Irish Aid announce the launch of their National Campaign to prevent Domestic Violence and promote peace in families, homes and communities.
- CAVENDISH UNIVERSITY UGANDA: List of Graduands for the 3rd graduation ceremony
- PATHFINDER INTERNATIONAL UGANDA: Finance & Administrative Manager
Pathfinder International Uganda is seeking for a Finance & Administrative Manager to work in partnership with headquarters and other departments to develop budgets, implement and manage financial control measures, establish policies and procedures, and ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, and governmental and non-governmental grant requirements.
- STRENGTHENING DECENTRALIZATION FOR SUSTAINABILITY (SDS) PROGRAMME: Biostatistician, Laboratory Technician, Laboratory Technologist,
Strengthening Decentralization for Sustainability (SDS) is a 6 year program, supporting the implementation of the US Government / PEPFAR funded Human Resources for Health Initiative that is complementing the Government of Uganda (GOU) efforts in addressing the health workforce gaps.
- TOTAL E&P UGANDA: Clearly state Job Ref. number in the subject line and DO NOT attach any other documents at this point. Merge the cover letter and CV into word or PDF format. Scanned copies will not be accepted.
- GHCORPS: Join the Global Health Corps Movement for Health Equity: "The GHC Fellowship was an awesome transformative experience and was an enormous determinant in both the direction and quality of my career.” - Dezio Macheso, 2011-2012 Fellow. Currently Programs Ocer for Youth Reproductive Health,National Youth Council of Malawi
BIDS & TENDERS
- THE DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL (DRC): Construction and renovation works notice.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), with funding from United Nations High Commission for Refugees, invites suitably qualified bidders to participate in tendering for the construction and renovation works at Kyaka II refugee settlement in Kyegegwa district
- THE DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL (DRC): Tender for the construction of Sub County offices and the council meeting hall at Bubukwanga Sub County in Bundibugyo District
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), with funding from United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, invites suitably qualified bidders to participate in tendering for the construction of sub county offices and the council meeting hall at Bubukwanga Sub County in Bundibugyo District.
- MAKERERE UNIVERSITY: Invitation to bid for the Provision of Traffic Control Management Services at Makerere University Main Campus
Makerere University intends to outsource a provider to manage the Traffic Control Services at its main Campus.Makerere University invites sealed bids from eligible and suitably qualified bidders for the provision of the Services
- MAKERERE UNIVERSITY: Invitation to bid provision of cleaning services for halls of residence and colleges
Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Procurement & Disposal Unit, Lincoln Flats A 5 and inspect the bidding documents at the address given below at 8(a) during working hours OR at www.tenders.mak.ac.ug
- KAMPALA CAPITAL CITY AUTHORITY: Boda Registration in Kampala
Kampala Capital City Authority informs the general public, owners of boda bodas and riders that motorcycle registration will start on 10th to 31st october 2013 in all urban divisions of the city.