- THE MINISTRY OF WORKS AND TRANSPORT (MOWT) : INITIAL REGISTRATION OF ROAD CONTRACTORS UNDER THE CRCS REGISTER
The Ministry of Works and Transport (MoWT) in collaboration with Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority (PPDA) with technical and financial support from the Department for International Development (DFID), has allocated funds towards development of a road Contractor Registration and Classification System (CRCS) Register.
- YIELD UGANDA INVESTMENT FUND SUPPORTS AGRIBUSINESS: Yield Uganda Investment Fund was set up with support from the European Union and managed by Pearl Capital Partners (PCP).
Yield Uganda Fund is an agriculture focused fund investing in small and medium agri-businesses with growth potential. These businesses would be expected to deliver both reasonable financial returns and impactful through smallholder farmer engagements.
- One of the World's biggest car makers chooses Dunlop Tyres. Shouldn't you?
Dunlop is a brand of tyres owned by various companies around the world. Founded by pneumatic tyre pioneer John Boyd Dunlop in Birmingham, England in 1889, it is owned and operated by Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company in North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand.
- ATOMIC ENERGY COUNCIL (AEC): PROTECTING THE PUBLIC AND ENVIRONMENT
The Atomic Energy Council (AEC) is a government body established by the Atomic Energy Act No. 24 of 2008 (AEA) Laws of Uganda with a mandate to regulate peaceful applications of ionizing radiation in Uganda; to provide for the protection and safety of individuals, society and the environment from the dangers of ionizing radiation. The use of atomic energy in Uganda is in medical, industrial, agriculture, research among other fields.
- ENABEL – BELGIAN DEVELOPMENT AGENCY SUPPORTING GENDER EQUITY IN
Through its education programme, women and girls are empowered by increasing their participation in the creation of safe learning environments. This has been significant in helping girls stay in school. It has also created a gender sensitive learning environment that prevents all forms of violence.
- FINN CHURCH AID (FCA) AND WOMEN'S BANK EMPOWERING RURAL WOMEN IN NOTHERN UGANDA
Finn Church Aid (FCA) with support from the Women's Bank of Finland has worked with UCAA to empower vulnerable communities in Uganda to implement self-help and community projects aimed at increasing incomes for individual households.
- IN LOVING MEMORY: THE LATE HON. JEHOASH S. MAYANJA-NKANGI AUGUST 22ND, 1931 - MARCH 6TH, 2017
It's been one year since you left us to be with the Lord, but time seems to have stood still and it seems like just yesterday you were sitting at the table writing something or the other, as usual. I miss you.
- STROMMEEA FOUNDATION: HAPPY WOMEN'S DAY 2018!
It is time for Uganda and Africa to not only recognize the potential that Women have in contributing to development but to push for systems, platforms that put women at the forefront in decision making, planning and leadership.
- REDUCING TRANSIT COSTS THROUGH IMPLEMENTATION OF ONE STOP BORDER POST (OSBP) CONCEPT – THE CASE OF BUSIA KENYA/UGANDA OSBP
The concept eliminates the need for travellers and goods to stop twice to undertake border crossing formalities. It is one of the trade facilitation tools recommended by the WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement under Article 8 of the agreement.
- Betway: Betting gains momentum in Uganda
The introduction of online betting in Uganda has also contributed to the high demand of smartphones. More than a quarter of smartphone owners in Uganda use them for online gambling, and more than 90 per cent of online bookmakers customers use their mobile device services.
- CARE : EMPOWERING RURAL COMMUNITIES – WOMEN AND GIRLS TO PROTECT FOREST RESOURCES
CARE International has been active in Uganda since 1969, to date, implementing a diverse portfolio of programs and projects ranging from emergency services to long term development with a focus on natural resource governance, climate change, women economic empowerment and Civil Society Strengthening. CARE programming targets Women, Girls and Youth as well as vulnerable groups espe
- DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL: WATER FOR REFUGEES AND THEIR HOSTS-- THE SUN IS PART OF THE SOLUTION
Today is World Water Day. Commemorated every year on March 22, the day is meant to draw global attention on the importance of water. ''Water is at the core of sustainable development and is critical for socio-economic development, healthy ecosystems and for human survival itself,'' notes UN Water, a body that coordinates the efforts of UN entities and international organizations working on water and sanitation issues.
- THREEWAYS SHIPPING SERVICES [GROUP] LIMITED: WHO CAN BECOME AN AUTHORIZED ECONOMIC OPERATOR (AEO)?
Authorized Economic Operator It is a trade facilitation program which Customs Department in URA is under taking to facilitate trade anda promote security of international trade supply chain. Under this arrangement, businesses which comply with customs laws and regulations will benefit from customs preferential treatments such as fast clearance of their goods through simplified procedures, reduced inspection.
- UGANDA REVENUE AUTHORITY: AUTHORISED ECONOMIC OPERATOR PROGRAM – A REWARD TO COMPLIANCE
Traditionally, Customs has offered the same treatment to her stakeholders. However, there is need for a differentiated service as a reward to compliant businesses that have over time demonstrated a high degree of professionalism, and reliability and as a result earned the trust of Customs.
- UGANDA DEVELOPMENT BANK LIMITED (UDBL): UDB INSPIRES DEVELOPMENT THROUGH SUPPORTING INNOVATIONS AND START-UP ENTERPRISES.
Uganda Development Bank Limited (UDBL) in partnership with the ResilientAfrica Network (RAN Innovation Lab) launched the inaugral UDB i-Growth Accelerator Program in November 2017 focusing on supporting the commercialization of local start-ups and stimulating a culture of innovation in Uganda.
- WAREHOUSE RECEIPT SYSTEM: AS THE GAME CHANGER IN AGRICULTURAL COMMODITIES TRADING
It is a system that promotes the use of commodities as security or collateral against which credit can be extended/advanced. It differs from the traditional collateral of Land titles and car log books. For example a producer or small scale trader who does not have means to access a loan due to lack of security, it's about time he got access through the use of his/her produce.
- ATOMIC ENERGY COUNCIL (AEC): PROTECTING THE PUBLIC AND ENVIRONMENT
The Atomic Energy Council (AEC) is a government body established by the Atomic Energy Act No. 24 of 2008 (AEA) Laws of Uganda with a mandate to regulate peaceful applications of ionizing radiation in Uganda; to provide for the protection and safety of individuals, society and the environment from the dangers of ionizing radiation.
- ENABEL – BELGIAN DEVELOPMENT AGENCY SUPPORTING GENDER EQUITY IN UGANDA: EMPOWERING WOMEN IN THE WORLD OF WORK
Women continue to face several challenges that are limiting them from achieving their full potential. Among these include: sexual gender based violence, high rates of early marriage, rampant teenage pregnancies and perhaps the worst being limited access to education.
- FINN CHURCH AID (FCA) : FINN CHURCH AID (FCA) AND WOMEN'S BANK EMPOWERING RURAL WOMEN IN NORTHERN UGANDA
Lucy is a chairperson of Matitampit women's group. Lucy is one of the beneficiaries of the project funded by FCA with support from the Women Bank. Her group was trained in Village Savings and Loan Association methodology, Business Enterprise Selection, Leadership Skills plus Gender and Culture issues. After the training, Lucy took a decision to utilise the skills acquired by venturing into a sustainable agricultural business.
- INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY (IWD): ANTONIO GUTERRES UN SECRETARY-GENERAL MESSAGE ON INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY
We are at a pivotal moment for women's rights. The historical and structural inequalities that have allowed oppression and discrimination to flourish are being exposed like never before. From Latin America to Europe to Asia, on social media, on film sets, on the factory floor and in the streets, women are calling for lasting change and zero tolerance for sexual assault, harassment, and discrimination of all kinds.