- ACDI/VOCA: PUBLIC NOTIFICATION FOR PROJECT CLOSURE
RESILIENCY THROUGH WEALTH, AGRICULTURE AND NUTRITION IN KARAMOJA (RWANU). USAID FOOD FOR PEACE TITLE II DEVELOPMENT FOOD ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
- MINISTRY OF WATER AND ENVIRONMENT FOREST SECTOR SUPPORT DEPARTMENT: REDD+ PROGRAM IN UGANDA
The REDD+ Programme under the Ministry of Water and Environment Forest Sector Support Department joins the rest of the world to celebrate World Environment Day.
The Ministry of Water and Environment undertakes many initiatives including support to mitigation of climate change effects through the REDD+ Program. In addition to contributing to climate change mitigation, sustainable forest management offers a myriad other benefits including maintaining water resources, controlling flooding and soil erosion through reduction of run off, and conserves biodiversity, among others. In a period from 2011-2014, 25% of GDP was attributed to natural resources where forestry contributed 3.7%, agriculture 22.2% which is highly dependent on ecosystem services provided by forests, forests contribute to biomass energy use approximately 89%, forests contribute to Fuel wood 78.6%, forests contribute to Charcoal 5.6% and Residues 4.7%. Therefore, loss of forests means loss of all that they provide both to human populations and biodiversity
- MAKERERE UNIVERSITY: ANNOUNCEMENT FOR 2017/2018 UNDERGRADUATE PRIVATE ADMISSIONS
The Academic Registrar, Makerere University invites applictions from Ugandan, East African, S.Sudan and International applicants for the Undergraduate programmes under the private sponsorship scheme for the 2017/2018 Academic year.
- MASS TITLING FOR TENANTS ON BUGANDA KINGDOM LAND ("EKYAPA MU NGALO" CAMPAIGN)
Buganda Land Board (BLB), a corporate body mandated by the Kabaka to manage the Buganda Kingdom land is carrying out a Mass titling campaign dubbed 'A Land Title in your Hands' for six months aimed at strengthening security of tenure for tenants on the Kingdom land.
- Ministry of Defence and Veteran Affairs: Fulﬁlling the NRM manifesto in military and security
In line with the 2016/21 NRM manifesto, the Ministry of Defence and Veteran Affairs will continue to consolidate the achievements that have ensured a peaceful, secure and stable Uganda through collective defence and security with our neighbours and international community.
- Impact of unbundling Power Sector: Tracing growth of Uganda's power sector
From 1954 to 2000, the Uganda Electricity Board (UEB) was the parastatal generating, transmitting and distributing electricity in Uganda. Though UEB operated well immediately after Uganda got independence from Britain, inefficiencies cropped up along the way; power outages occurred frequently and energy losses set in. UEB's problems were made worse by the reluctance of many government departments to pay for the electricity they use, which meant low collections.
- 2017 EUROPE DAY CELEBRATIONS (EU): The African Centre for Treatment and Rehabilitation of Torture Victims (ACTV)
A new Five-Year Strategic Plan was adopted for the period 2016 to 2020 in order to effectively work towards our vision of a world free from torture.
- USAID -RTI: INVITATION TO ATTEND USAID / UGANDA SCHOOL HEALTH AND READING PROGRAM DISTRICT, MUNICIPALITY AND CORE PTC REGIONAL MThe LC V Chairpersons, CAOs, DEOs, DIS’, SHRP Focal Persons, Personnel Officers i/c Teacher Transfers in Districts, District Community Development Officers, Mayors, Town Clerks, MEOs, MIS’, Personnel Officers i/c Teacher Transfers in Municipalities, Principals, Deputy Principals Outreach and Deputy Principals Pre-service of the following USAID/ Uganda School Health and Reading Program focus Districts, Municipalities and Core PTCs are invited to attend Regional Meetings on the dates and in the venues indicated. The meetings start promptly at 8.00 am.