- YUNUS SOCIAL BUSINESS / USAID: CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
An investment readiness program to harness the power of business to end poverty.
- CAA INTERVIEW: AMENDMENTS TO THE CAA ACT TO ENHANCE SAFETY AND EFFICIENCY
A number of developments have recently taken place in the aviation industry including Parliament’s consideration of draft amendments to the CAA Act.
- THE LAND INQUIRY 2017: LAND INQUIRY COMMISSION ON INTERIM REPORT RECOMMENDATIONS
The Commission considers it necessary to make the following clarifications on its interim recommendations, since it seems to be a matter of great public interest.
- BLU FLAMINGO DIGITAL AFRICA: Happy to announce that after a rigorous process we have been admitted into the orld renowned prestigious Agency Acelerator, WSI as partners.
- KAMPALA UNIVRSITY: 15TH GRADUATION CEREMONY
The Academic Registrar Kampala University reminds all students who successfully completed their studies that the 15th Graduation ceremony will take place on 7th March 2018 at the Main Campus in Ggaba.
- REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICES REF: EGPAF/SRVCS/004/18
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF), a non-profit organization implements the Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services in South West Uganda project (USAID RHITES SW). Ministry of Health with support from United States Agency for International Development (USAID) through Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDs Foundation is seeking to construct a satellite laboratory at Mbarara Regional Referral Hospital.
- BID NOTICE: DRC (Danish Refugee council)
Construction of 800 Units/Blocks of one (01) Stance semi-Permanent PSN Household Latrines located in Zone 1 Bid-Bidi Refugee Settlement in Yumbe District
- DEATH ANNOUNCEMENT: The late Rosemary Lwande Mutahakana
Mr. Franklin Mutahakana of the World Bank Kampala announces with deep sorrow the untimely death of his dear wife Rosemary Lwande Mutahakana which occurred on Sunday February 4, 2018 in Boston, USA. Arrangements are being made to transport the body back home.
- Mastercard foundation Scholars at BRAC excel in UCE Exams
Over 5000 students coming from economically disadvantaged families are benefiting from a $46.7m secondary scholarship partnership between BRAC Uganda and the Mastercard foundation where academically talented children from economically disadvantaged households are provided with quality secondary education.
- MINISTRY OF WATER AND ENVIRONMENT: WORLD WETLANDS DAY 2018
Today 2nd February 2018, Uganda joins the rest of World to commemorate World wetlands day as recognition for the convention on wetland that was signed on 2nd February 1971 in the Iranian city of Ramsar.
The global theme for 2018 is "Wetlands for a sustainable urban future" and the national slogan is "Urban wetlands: prized land, not wasteland". The theme highlights the important role of urban wetlands in making cities liveable through reducing flooding, replenish drinking water, filter waste, provide urban green spaces, and are a source of livelihoods.
- TROPICAL BANK LIMITED:
In order to serve you better, we shall be upgrading our Core Banking System from Friday, 9th February, 2018 at 10:00p.m. to Sunday 11th February 2018 at Midnight.
- HEALTH SERVICE COMMISSION: E-RECRUITMNT SYSTEM
The HC e-Recruiment System is a computerized human resource managemnt sytem that is being used to undertak recruitment.
The mission of the HSC is "to build a fundamentally strong and competent Human Resource base for efficient Health Service delivery. It i therefore important that the HSC implements systems aimed at improving efficiency and ffectiveness in the recruitment process.
- PIAO PIAO: SIMBALAND PRESS RELEASE
Piao piao is an internationally recognized soft tissue brand duly registered in Uganda under trademark no. 50200 and in the people's Republic of China under certificate number 13350750. Piao piao is a safe soft tissue brand duly approved by the National Paper Product Quality Supervision Inspection Center of China as meeting global standards GB/T2080-2006 bathroom tissue and the same has also been certified and issued with a certificate of analysis passing the quality test by Uganda Bureau of Standards under certificate no. CM/2017/1287 in accordance to Uganda Standard US126:2003 toilet paper specifications.
- SBS SYSTEMS NOTICE: This is to inform the general public that Southern Business Solution (U) Limited has changed its name to SBS SYSTEMS (U) LIMITED.
- INTERNATIONAL ALERT: CORRECTION TO ERRONEOUS ARTICLE
International Alert denies any allegation of corruption over its operations in Uganda, as published by this newspaper on 8th January 2018, in an article full of inaccuracies.
- CHEMONICS: Procurement Advisor - HIV/AIDS, and Family Planning.:
The Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management
The Procurement Advisor is responsible for providing high-level assistance in the procurement of medical equipment and commodities for the GHSC-PSM program in Uganda including HIV/AIDS and family planning related health commodities. The Procurement Advisor may also be required to assist in the clearance and receipt of health commodities and equipment.
- MAKERERE UNIVERSITY: ANNOUNCEMENT FROM OFFICE OF THE ACADEMIC REGISTRAR
The Academic Registrar, Makerere University invites applications from Diploma Holder only for admission under the Government Sponsorship Scheme (not exceeding 5% of the intake capacity) to the University Degree Programmes for the 2018/2019 Academic year. Click to Check List. 2