Fun with fashion : Bow of style
Posted Saturday, December 28 2013 at 02:00
Like the flower, a bow can be a valuable accessory that can transform your look. The trick is to pick on a colour that complements your outfit or is best suited for the occasion you are going to. Bows cost Shs 5000 to Shs10,000 in most cosmetic shops or supermarkets. Here are some ways to wear the bows.
1. Place the bow around a half-up pony
This is great style for any occasion.
2. Stick a big bow on the end of your braid
This is a playful way to wear the bow. However, you will have to knot your braids first to get the desired look.
3. Top off a sleek bun
This will give you a girl next door look and is great if you are going to church or a more formal function.
4. Wear a ribbon as a headband, letting the bow accent a low side pony or braid.
This is great if the bow is big. It is best worn casually.
5. Stick a cute mini bow atop your ponytail
This brings out the simplicity in your look.
6. Adorn a retro updo with a girly front bow
With this look you will have to hold up your hair with hair bun before you place the bow.
7. Slip on a slim bow headband
These headbands come with the bows already attached and are great to hold back braids.
8. Side bow
This is the most popular way the bow is worn. It can be a great way to enhance your hair do.
9. Clip a big pink bow in the back of an updo
This is a funky hairstyle that brings out your adventurous side.