President Museveni Friday made changes both in the Cabinet and army, with a number of major figures like Pius Bigirimana and Aronda Nyakairima being given different appointments.
Whereas Permanent Secretary Bigirimana has been transferred from the Office of the Prime Minister to the ministry of Gender and Social Development, Gen Nyakairima becomes Minister of Internal Affairs, leaving his previous post of Chief of Defence Forces and has been replaced by Katumba Wamala, who has been promoted to a four-star general.
Mr Bigirimana will be replaced by Ms Christine Guwatudde Kintu, who has been Ministry of Gender PS, according to a press release from State house.
In other changes, Luweero State Minister Rosemary Namayanja gets the Information docket to replace Ms Mary Karooro Okurut, who has been transferred to the Gender ministry.
Internal Affairs Minister Hilary Onek becomes Disaster Preparedness political head.
Eng John Nasasira replaces Dr Ruhakana Rugunda as Minister of Information and Communication Technology as the latter takes over the Health Ministry.
Health Minister Christine Ondoa moves to State House as Senior Presidential Adviser on Public Health.
In other changes, Ms Sarah Kataike is the new state minister for Luweero. Ms Kataike has been state minister for Health (General Duties) and will be replaced by Sheema North MP Elioda Tumwesigye.
In the military, Gen Wamala will be deputised by Lt Gen Charles Angina, who has been the Land Forces Chief of Staff. Deputy CDF Ivan Koreta has been handed an ambassadorial post.
See attached lists for details.
1. Rt. Hon. Prime Minister - AMAMA MBABAZI
2. 1st Deputy Prime Minister & Minister of Public Service - KAJURA HENRY MUGANWA
3. 2nd Deputy Prime Minister & Deputy Leader of Gov’t Business in Parliament - MOSES ALI
4. Minister of East African Affairs - Vacant
5. Minister of Security - MUKASA MURUULI WILSON
6. Minister In-charge of the Presidency - TUMWEBAZE FRANK7
. Minister for Karamoja - MUSEVENI JANET KATAAHA
8. Minister in Charge of General Duties/Office of the Prime Minister - KABWEGYERE TARSIS
9. Minister of Disaster Preparedness & Refugees - ONEK HILARY
10. Minister of Information & National Guidance - NAMAYANJA ROSE
11. Minister of Agriculture, Animal Industry & Fisheries - BUCHANAYANDI TRESS
12. Minister of Defence - KIYONGA CRISPUS
13. Minister of Education & Sports - ALUPO JESSICA ROSE EPEL
14. Minister of Energy and Minerals - MULONI IRENE
15. Minister of Finance and Economic Planning - KIWANUKA MARIA
16. Minister of Works and Transport - BYANDALA ABRAHAM JAMES
17. Minister of Justice - KAHINDA OTAFIIRE & Constitutional Affairs
18. Attorney General - NYOMBI PETER
19. Minister of Gender, Labour & Social affairs - BUSINGYE MARY KAROORO OKURUT
20. Minister of Trade, Industry & Cooperatives - KYAMBADDE AMELIA ANNE
21. Minister of Water & Environment - KAMUNTU EPHRAIM
22. Minister of Lands,Housing & Urban Development - MIGEREKO DAUDI
23. Minister of Health - RUHAKANA RUGUNDA
24. Minister of Foreign Affairs - KUTESA KAHAMBA SAM
25. Minister of Information & Communications Technology - NASASIRA MWOONO JOHN
26. Minister of Local Government - MWESIGE ADOLF
27. Minister without Portfolio in-charge of Political Mobilization - TODWONG RICHARD
28. Government Chief Whip - KASULE JUSTINE LUMUMBA
29. Minister of Tourism Wildlife & Antiquities - MARIA MUTAGAMBA
30. Minister of Internal Affairs - NYAKAIRIMA ARONDA
MINISTERS OF STATE: Office of the President:
1. Minister of State for Economic Monitoring - BANYENZAKI HENRY
2. Minister of State for Ethics and Integrity - LOKODO SIMON Office of the Vice President:
3. Minister of State Vice President’s Office - NYANZI VINCENT Office of the Prime Minister:
4. Minister of State for Relief and Disaster Preparedness - ECWERU MUSA FRANCIS
5. Minister of State for Northern Uganda - AMUGE OTENGO REBECCA
6. Minister of State for Karamoja - OUNDO NEKESA BARBARA
7. Minister of State for Luwero Triangle - KATAIKE SARAH NDOBOLI
8. Minister of State for Teso Affairs - AMONGIN APORU CHRISTINE HELLEN
9. Minister of State for Bunyoro Affairs - KIIZA ERNEST Ministry of Foreign Affairs:
10. Minister of State for International Affairs - ORYEM OKELLO
11. Minister of State for Regional Affairs - KIYINGI ASUMAN Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Fisheries
12. Minister of State for Agriculture - NYIIRA ZERUBABEL MIJUMBI
13. Minister of State for Fisheries - NANKABIRWA SENTAMU RUTH
14. Minister of State for Animal Industry - RWAMIRAMA K. BRIGHT Ministry of Education and Sports
15. Minister of State for Sports - BAKABULINDI CHARLES
16. Minister of State for Primary Education - KAMANDA BATARINGAYA
17. Minister of State for Higher Education - MUYINGO JOHN CHRYSOSTOM Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development:
18. Minister of State for Energy - D’UJANGA SIMON
19. Minister of State for Minerals - LOKERIS AIMAT PETER Ministry of Finance, Planning & Economic Development:
20. Minister of State for Finance (General) - JACAN OMACH FRED MANDIR
21. Minister of State for Planning - KASAIJA MATIA
22. Minister of State for Investment - AJEDRA GABRIEL GADISON ARIDRU
23. Minister of State for Privatization - KAJARA ASTON PETERSON
24. Minister of State for Micro- Finance - AMALI OKAO CAROLINE Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development:
25. Minister of State for Genderand Culture - ISANGA LUKIA NAKADAMA
26. Minister of State for Youth and Children Affairs - KIBUULE RONALD
27. Minister of State for Labour, Employment and Industrial Relations - RUKUTANA MWESIGWA
28. Minister of State for Elderly and Disability: - MADADA SULAIMAN Ministry of Health:
29. Minister of State for Health (General) - TUMWESIGYE ELIODA
30. Minister of State for Primary Health Care - OPENDI OCHIENG SARAH Ministry of Lands, Housing and Urban Development:
31. Minister of State for Housing - ENGOLA SAM
32. Minister of State for Urban Development - NAJJEMBA ROSEMARY
33. Minister of State for Lands - NANTABA AIDAH Ministry of Trade and Industry:
34. Minister of State for Trade - WAKIKOONA DAVID
35. Minister of State for Industry - MUTENDE SHINYABULO JAMES Ministry of Tourism, Wildlife and Antiquities:
36. Minister of State for Tourism