National

Twins die in house fire

Share Bookmark Print Rating
By ALBERT TUMWINE

Posted  Tuesday, July 1  2014 at  14:06

In Summary

“Both parents are on the run and they will be charged with neglect,” Mr Onyango said

SHARE THIS STORY

Kampala

Police is hunting for a couple in Kasangati that abandoned their eight months old twin daughters in a house that caught fire killing the babies instantly.
The couple, Mr Salongo Bbosa and his wife Proscovia Mpagi had gone for a beer promotion when their house in Nangabo village in Nangabo Sub County in which the babies (Babirye and Nakato) were left sleeping caught fire. The fire was caused by a candle that was left burning in the house.
According to the Kampala Metropolitan spokesperson Patrick Onyango, the incident happened on Sunday at around 9:00pm.
“We were notified by the neighbours but the babies’ lives could not be saved,” Mr Onyango said.
He also warned parents against leaving children in houses especially with lit candles and stoves. Mr Onyango said the couple which is on the run, once arrested will be arraigned in court and charged.
“Both parents are on the run and they will be charged with neglect,” Mr Onyango said.
Meanwhile, the bodies of the twins have been taken to Mulago Hospital for a post-mortem.

editorial@ug.nationmedia.com