Skip to the navigationchannel.links.navigation.skip.label. Skip to the content. Monitor Blogs|Nation Media Group|Africa Review|The East African|Daily Nation|The Citizen|NTV|NTV Uganda|Mwananchi|Business Daily
Wednesday
May 15,  2013
  • News
  • Business
  • OpEd
  • Special Reports
  • Magazines
  • Sports
  • Other Features
  • Jobs & Tender
GO
Login
Submit
Not registered?  Click here
Forgot your password?
National|Education|Insight|World
Prosper|Commodities|Finance|Markets|Technology|Insurance|Auto
Editorial|OpEd Columnists|Commentary|Letters|Cartoon
Uganda@50|Elections|Project Success|Amin|War Memories|Obote
Full Woman|Thought and Ideas|Health & Living|Jobs and Career|Score|Life|Homes and Property|Farming
Soccer|Basketball|Boxing |Cricket|Athletics|Rugby|Golf|Tennis|Motor Sport|Other Sport|Sports Columnists|
Ask The Doctor |Dining & Recipes|Entertainment|Travel|Theatre & Cinema|Reviews & Profiles|Religion|Relationships|Fashion & Beauty
Barbs and Bouquet|Outside the Box

Editor's Choice

Click to scroll

Express player Godfrey Kavulu and Bunnamwaya’s Mike Mutyaba (now with TP Mazembe) in action in the 2011 season. Alupo calls emergency showdown with USL
Warriors centre Sam Gombya was no threat as UCU Canons Desmond Owili (with ball) flew past him to dunk four times during last Friday’s league game. Warriors unfazed
Chelsea players arrive at Schipol Airport in Amsterdam yesterday ahead of today’s final against Portuguese side Benfica. Europa Cup final: Chelsea to start game as
Minister of Education and Sports Alupo addressing journalists Alupo backtracks, Fufa party, USL not amused
Charity’s U-19 hopeful Jackson Ogwang bowled Charity rally to first win, Patidar walk off in
Outgoing Man United manager Ferguson holds aloft the trophy Fergie gets grand farewell
Bright Stars celebrate after winning the lower tier Fufa Big League last weekend. USL sponsors to stay
Kiprotich (R) receives his special medal from sports minister Charles Bakkabulindi. IOC award leaves Kiprotich humbled

Boxing

Golola eager to reclaim glory

Golola (R) and Betyar are itching to have a go at each other in tomorrow’s tune-up fight at Kyadondo

Golola (R) and Betyar are itching to have a go at each other in tomorrow’s tune-up fight at Kyadondo. PHOTO BY ISMAIL KEZAALA 

First a controversial loss to Andras Nagy, then a more emphatic loss to Mate Zsamboki, Moses Golola will tonight attempt to shake off the nightmare that has been Hungarians.

Kyadondo Rugby Ground, where Golola’s last defeat against Zsamboki was played out in June last year, is the venue when another Hungarian Istavn Betyar, the 2008 European title holder, comes up against the Ugandan.

Golola knows he has a lot to do. Not only must he shake off Betyar’s challenge but to try win back Ugandans, whom he had so much charmed while still an African champion. And he is up for the challenge.

“I have done my best,” said Golola yesterday, “God will do the rest and with God on my side I don’t see how I am going to lose this fight.

Full of confidence
“He won the championship in 2008 so I don’t think he is still the same guy. So the new Golola is going to take care of him. I am 100% more fit than before.”

At the weigh-in yesterday, Betyar posted 74kg, one heavier than Golola at 73kg, with the Hungarian standing at 5’4 feet and the home boy at 5’5.

The Hungarian is confident about winning the fight, “Golola is only full of energy at the beginning which he loses out very fast,” he said, adding, “I’m going to take advantage of that.”
Betyar has had 30 fights, winning 20 (5KOs) and losing a massive 10 while Golola has won 14 of his 20 fights (9KOs) draw three and lost an equal number.

There will be five rounds each lasting two minutes. The fighters will have a one-minute rest and round intervals.

editorial@ug.nationmedia.com

Back to Daily Monitor: Golola eager to reclaim glory
  • LATEST UPDATES
  • DR Congo to build town in honour of Lumumba
  • Nigeria’s Goodluck declares emergency in states
  • UCC threatens to withdraw radio licences over Tinye
  • Museveni calls for attitude change for development
  • Shs100,000 for driving while on phone
  • Bombo shooting suspect has case to answer - court
  • Police interrogate Monitor journalists
  • Nyombi accused of causing loss
  • New Kyambogo VC warns staff against disrespecting the IGG
  • Mayuge holds second Women’s Day function
Ocean Seven Kenya
  • Most Popular
  • I’ll return this week, says Gen Tinyefuza
  • Singer Namubiru’s managers struggle to get her out of jail
  • Don’t be intimidated, Justice Kanyeihamba tells journalists
  • IGP Kayihura shuffles officer mentioned in Sejusa letter to ISO
  • Minister Nantaba to cancel 500 land titles
  • UCC threatens to withdraw radio licences over Tinye
  • Police interrogate Monitor journalists
  • Bunyoro suit: Queen given ultimatum to respond
  • Three Muslims among those who failed Judiciary interviews
madhvanifoundation.com
  • In Pictures

Prince Wasajja, Marion say “I do”

Prince Wasajja, Marion say “I do”

A military parade at the swearing-in ceremony.

Uhuru’s big day

Making a living from Nakivubo Channel

Making a living from Nakivubo Channel

About us9.33 KFMBusiness DirectoryTerms of UseWeb MailSubscriptionsMonitor MobileContact usAdvertise with UsSqoope-Paper RSS