I won’t bite any more, promises Suarez

Madrid. Barcelona striker Luis Suarez says he has talked to specialists about his behaviour and insists there will be no further biting incidents

Wednesday August 20 2014

I wont bite agains, says Luis Suarez

Luis Suarez poses during his official presentation at the Camp Nou yesterday 

By Agencies

Madrid. Barcelona striker Luis Suarez says he has talked to specialists about his behaviour and insists there will be no further biting incidents.
Suarez is serving a four-month ban for biting Italy’s Giorgio Chiellini at the World Cup - his third biting offence. “I say to fans, don’t worry, because I won’t do that anymore,” he promised. “I spoke to my psychologist and he said I had to face it and say sorry. I did - now I would rather focus on the present, which is Barcelona.”

The 27-year-old Uruguay striker, who said he was “really depressed” after the incident in Brazil, launched an appeal with the Court of Arbitration for Sport against the ban.
Following the verdict, the former Liverpool striker is still banned from playing in competitive fixtures until late October and must also serve the remaining eight games of his nine-match international ban.
But Suarez is no longer excluded from “all football-related activities”, which allowed him to make his Barcelona debut as a 75th-minute substitute in the 6-0 friendly victory over Mexican side Club Leon on Monday.
Last month, he joined Barcelona for a reported fee of £75m.

advertisement