Luis Suarez's fate to be decided today
Posted Thursday, June 26 2014 at 10:06
Suarez has twice been suspended for biting opponents, and the panel can take those incidents into consideration when making its ruling
The hearing into Luis Suarez's alleged bite on Italy's Giorgio Chiellini will continue on Thursday, says the head of the Uruguay Football Association.
World governing body Fifa has charged Uruguay striker Suarez with misconduct.
On Wednesday, an independent disciplinary committee did not reach a verdict on the Liverpool player's case.
"They met for a long time but we don't know if that is good or bad," said Uruguay FA president Wilmar Valdez. "They will continue in the morning,"
Suarez, 27, clashed with Juventus defender Chiellini during Tuesday's 2014 Fifa World Cup Group D game in Natal, which Uruguay won 1-0 to qualify for the last 16.
Mexican referee Marco Rodriguez took no action, but Fifa subsequently charged Suarez with misconduct.
The independent disciplinary panel, chaired by Swiss lawyer Claudio Sulser, has a range of sanctions available, up to a 24-match ban or two-year suspension from all football.
Suarez has twice been suspended for biting opponents, and the panel can take those incidents into consideration when making its ruling.
He was banned for 10 games for biting Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic during a Premier League match in April 2013.
The former Ajax captain was previously suspended for seven games for biting PSV Eindhoven midfielder Otman Bakkal's shoulder in 2010.
"They can take in all elements they deem necessary," a FIFA spokesman said.