SUPPLEMENTS & NOTICES
- NEGLECTED TROPICAL DISEASES (NTDS): Making strides towards eliminating Neglected Tropical Diseases
Neglected tropical diseases (NTDs) are a diverse group of infections which are common in low-income populations in developing regions of Africa, Asia, and the Americas. They are called "neglected," because they generally afflict the world's poor and historically have not received as much attention as other diseases.
- ANTI-CORRUPTION COALITION: CITIZEN MONITOR AT THE FORE-FRONT OF THE FIGHT AGAINST CORRUPTION IN KARAMOJA
- NATIONAL COUNCIL FOR HIGHER EDUCATION: .
The National Council for Higher Education (NCHE) was established under "The Universities and Other Tertiary Institutions Act, 2001" to regulate and guide the establishment and management of institutions of higher learning, regulate the quality of higher education, equating of qualifications and to advise government on higher education issues.
- MASTERCARD FOUNDATION SCHOLARS: THE MAIN GOAL IS TO EDUCATE AND EMPOWER THE NEXT GENERATION OF AFRICAN LEADERS.
Makerere University partnered with Mastercard Foundation to offer scholarships to academically gifted but economically disadvantaged youth from Africa to study at the prestigious university from 2013 to 2023.
- WEST NILE RURAL ELECTRIFICARION COMPANY LIMITED: PUBLIC NOTICE
The Electricity Regulatory Authority ("the Authority") has approved the applicable end-user tariffs to be charged by West Nile Rural Electrification Company Limited (WENRECO) for the supply of electrical energy for the Fourth quarter (October - December) of 2019.
- EUROPEAN UNION: JOINT DECLARATION BY THE HIGH REPRESENTATIVE FOR FOREIGN AFFAIRS AND SECURITY POLICY ON BEHALF OF THE EUROPEAN UNION AND THE SECRETARY GENERAL OF THE COUNCIL OF EUROPE ON THE OCCASION OF THE EUROPEAN AND WORLD DAY AGAINST THE DEATH PENALTY, 10 OCTOBER 2019
- MINISTRY OF WATER AND ENVIRONMENT (MWE): SECURING UGANDA'S WATER RESOURCES
With climate change and environmental degradation taking their toll on the ecosystem, the work of the Directorate of Water Resources Management (DWRM) is pretty much cut out. Ismail Musa Ladu had a sit down with the Commissioner, Water Resources Planning and Regulation at the Ministry of Water and Environment, Dr Callist Tindimugaya, who explained to how the directorate is safeguarding the country's water resources.
- USAID PROJECT: MAKING STRIDES TOWARDS ELIMINATING
ENVISION is a USAIDfunded project targeted at support ministries of health to achieve NTD control and elimination goals. RTI is one of the implementing organisations in Uganda.
- MINISTRY OF WATER AND ENVIRONMENT (MWE): CABINET APPROVES FUNDING FOR LARGE SCALE IRRIGATION SCHEMES UNDER FIEFOC 2
Cabinet has approved to funding to construct four large scale irrigation schemes under the Farm Income Enhancement and Forestry Conservation Programme- Project 2(FIEFOC 2). This was after a prepared proposal for construction of these schemes was presented before it. The schemes are located at Namatala, Unyama, Namalu and Siipi.
- MINISTER OF HEALTH: THE 3RD UGANDA NATIONAL FAMILY PLANNING CONFERENCE - 2019
The government for Uganda is committed to improving access to family planning, as it is a low cost, high dividend investment for addressing Uganda's high maternal mortality ratio and improving the health and welfare of women, men and ultimately the nation. Increased access to, and use of, family planning has farreaching benefits for families and the nation.