Do it at home. Tomatoes are rich in lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that offers many benefits for skin. It helps tighten pores, clear acne, deep cleanse pores, fight premature aging and brighten skin.
The best time to treat your skin is during the night and that is when overnight masks come in. Here are some interesting and effective overnight masks you should definitely try: Here are three DIY regimens you can try out;
1.Tomato toner to tighten and deep clean pores
The perfect way to shrink pores is by toning your face with tomato juice. Tomatoes are rich in Vitamin C, which has anti-ageing properties, and they can also fight sun damage, which is one of the causes of those large, ugly pores.
It contains cooling properties which soothe sunburn and also contains astringent properties which tighten large pores. Simple massage of tomato pulp on the skin works wonders.
This is one of the simplest recipes on how to make tomato lime toner at home. The recipe involves very few steps, after which you would be able to use your own toners.
What you will need
• 2 Fresh Tomatoes
• 1 lime
1. Take freshly washed tomato and use a blender to squeeze out the juice from tomato.
2. You can also mash the tomatoes and use a filter to strain the juice out.
3. Collect this juice in a jar and store in the freezer for five minutes.
4. Now take fresh lemons and cut it into pieces. Pull out the seeds so that it does not get added to the toner and squeeze the juice out in a separate vessel.
5. Now take out the tomato juice which you have stored in the freezer and add lemon juice to it. Your tomato lime toner is ready to be used.
Apply the toner with the help of a cotton ball. If you experience any time of itching or inflammation over skin, skip using lemon juice.
Also, if you are allergic to tomatoes or lime, try doing a patch test before using on your face.
• You should always wash your face first with clean water to use the tomato lime toner.
• To get best results, use once in a day.
• You can add some sugar to the toner and use it like scrub.
• Concentrate more on areas with larger pores.
2. Skin clearing tomato mask
Green tea is extremely soothing and it helps in balancing the oil from face.
Mixing green tea with potato juice gives a very nice mask that not only controls excessive oil but also targets pigmented skin, blemishes and uneven skin tone.
Brew one green tea bag for 10 minutes and keep the water aside. Once the water cools down, take two tablespoonspull of it in a bowl and add equal amount of potato juice.
Mix both of them and apply it all over your face, neck and also under your eye area to lighten dark circles. This is a very good and effective skin clearing mask.
For glowing skin
3. Brightening tomato mask
Tomato contains fruit acid while raw milk contains lactic acid so this “high acid” overnight mask is very beneficial for clear and even looking skin tone. Take a small tomato, cut it into two halves and take two tablespoon of raw milk in a bowl.
Dip the tomato into the bowl of milk and then apply it all over your face. Once the layer is dried up, repeat it again and apply the second layer. Let it dry and if you want you can even layer it thrice. Or simple blend the tomato along with the milk to make a thick paste and apply it using a cotton ball. Leave it on overnight and rinse off with cold water in the morning. It will shrink big/open pores, hydrate your skin, reduce dark spots and will add radiance to your face. Use the mask once or twice a week.