Lawyers representing former Lord's Resistance Army Commander, Mr Thomas Kwoyelo have asked the International Crimes Division of the High Court, to postpone the commencement of his trial.
Mr Kwoyelo faces 93 counts of war crimes and crimes against humanity that were reportedly committed between January 1995 and December 2005.
The hearing of the matter had been scheduled to resume on Monday, after a 2-weeks delay. The delay was requested by the prosecution to enable them adequately prepare their opening statement.
The court was also expected to hear an application for bail that was submitted by Mr Kwoyelo's lawyers.
But defence lawyers; Mr Charles Dalton Opwonya, Mr Caleb Alaka and Mr Evans Ochieng requested for a long adjournment of the trial to allow them attend to ongoing criminal sessions in the Court of Appeal.
The Registrar of the International Crimes Division of the High Court, Ms Harriet Ssali Nalukwago says the lawyers said they would be ready on March 11, this year.
A panel of three trial judges comprising; Justice Jane Persis Kiggundu, Justice Michael Elubu and Justice Duncan Gaswaga, is presiding over the case.
Prosecution led by Principal State Attorney, Mr Williams Byansi with the assistance of Mr Charles Richard Kamuuli has indicated its intention to call more than 120 witnesses to pin Mr Kwoyelo.
They allege that Mr Kwoyelo alias Latoni, presided over the commissioning of the crimes of murder, wilful killing, kidnap and hostage-taking among others; while operating as an Operations Commander of the rebel LRA, in Kilak hills, in present-day Amuru District and Pabbo Sub-county in 1996.
Also participating in the trial is a group of victims of the alleged crimes being represented by two lawyers under the leadership of Mr Henry Komakech Kilama.
Mr Kwoyelo has been waiting for trial at Luzira Maximum Prisons since 2015 when his amnesty application was overturned by the Supreme Court.