KCCA fail Tooro test again

Thursday October 3 2019

Losing derby.  KCCA’s Nigerian striker John

Losing derby. KCCA’s Nigerian striker John Odumegwu (center), was on the losing end against Tooro United at St Paul’s Seminary Grounds Fort Portal.  


The rough patch being nursed by the reigning Uganda Premier League
champions KCCA gained another layer yesterday after they suffered their first league defeat at the hands of Tooro United at St Paul’s Seminary Grounds.

The 1-0 away loss comes on the heels of a hurting elimination from the Caf Champions League last Friday by Angolan side Petro de Luanda.

Not that Mike Mutebi’s side didn’t put up a resolute fight in Fort Portal, they did, but their two penalties were saved by on song Tooro United goal keeper Meddie Kibirige.

First it was Mike Mutyaba on 30 minutes after Mike Kawooya handled in the box and was expelled immediately and then Allan Okello who also failed to get the ball past Kibirige six minutes later . KCCA missed the services of starters Muzamir Mutyaba, Mustapha Kizza and Sadat Anaku yet debutants John Odumegwu and Keziron Kizito still struggled to find their footing against a side that is now deemed bogey.

Wasswa Bbosa’s side, a man down and missing two starters - Paddy Muhumuza and Godfrey Lwesibawa through suspension, still had enough fuel in their tank to press the Champions which resulted into Charles Musiige’s solo effort on 74 minutes.

This was Tooro United’s first league match at the new home (St Paul Major Seminary in Fort Portal) and like the case was at Buhinga twice last season, they gave the adoring fans a reason to smile and be optimistic.


Whereas Tooro United are now fifth on nine points. Mutebi’s side, now with six points out of three matches have dropped to tenth. KCCA is focusing on arresting the slump ahead of Bright Stars visit at StarTimes Stadium on Saturday.
In the other match at Greenlight Stadium, Arua, the home Onduparaka recorded a 1-0 win over Wakiso Giants. Onduparaka 1-0 Wakiso Giants. Ibrahim Faizul scored thev only goal after five minutes.

Meanwhile at Namboole SC Villa and Vipers SC played out a goalless draw underflood lights.