Dining & Recipes
Posted Sunday, February 16 2014 at 02:00
1 ¼ cups milk
1 tablespoon lukewarm water
1 tablespoon sugar
2 ¾ cups flour
½ tablespoon butter or margarine
1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
½ package dry yeast (1 1/8 teaspoon) Melted butter or margarine
1. Scald the milk and add the sugar, salt and ½ tablespoon of butter or margarine. Cool to lukewarm. Crumble the yeast into the water, let soften a few minutes, and add the milk mixture.
2. Add 2 cups of flour and mix well. Add the cheese along with the remaining flour and mix again.
3. Knead on a floured board for 10 minutes
4. Place the dough in a greased bowl, brush with melted butter and cover and let rise in warm place until double in bulk.
5. Knead, shape into a loaf, place in a greased 4 x 8-inch loaf pan and brush with melted butter. Cover with a fresh towel and let rise until double in bulk
6. Bake in a moderate oven for 375oF 190oC.