NRM youth in Busoga region have threatened to quit the party, citing marginalisation in the distribution of the Shs250m donated by President Museveni.
The President donated the money to members of the Busoga Youth Forum in Kaliro District at the weekend.
However, youth from Jinja, Mayuge, Bugiri and Luuka districts said the money only benefitted those in Namutumba District.
The publicity secretary of the youth forum, Mr Faluwa Kitakufe, on Tuesday accused the Namutumba Woman MP, Ms Florence Mutyabule, of misleading the President.
“She presented non-existing youth groups and saccos from Namutumba because she wanted to appear like a strong mobiliser,” Mr Kitakufe said.
But Ms Mutyabule denied any wrong doing, saying only Shs60 million was allocated to her constituency as had been promised by Mr Museveni during the 2011 presidential campaigns.
She also said other youth groups from Luuka and Namayingo districts could have missed out because they were not operational at that time.
Luuka and Namayingo were until last year under Iganga and Bugiri districts respectively.
Mr Kitakule said the executive committee of the youth forum should revisit the allocations to ensure that every district is catered for.
The Jinja female youth councillor, Ms Florence Asiyo, said youth in the district had been following a proposal they submitted to State House to establish small scale businesses but were shocked to learn that they were left out.
The State House’s press officer, Mr Farouk Kirunda, urged the youth to calm down, saying President Museveni was only fulfilling very old pledges some of which dated back to 2005.
Mr Kirunda said the youth should appreciate the little they had so far received, adding that all unfulfilled pledges would soon been met.