SUPPLEMENTS & NOTICES
- NPA EMBARKS ON PLAN TO CONTROL NEONATAL SEPSIS AND HYDROCEPHALUS IN INFANTS
Prevention measures. National Planning Authority is working with other partners on a five-year project to find out the causes and establish prevention measures of neonatal sepsis and hydrocephalus, among infants, especially in eastern Uganda, writes Fred Wambede.
- MINISTRY OF INTERNAL AFFAIRS: NGO VERIFICATION AND VALIDATION EXERCISE
The Non-Governmental Organisations (NGO) Act 2016 established the National Bureau for NGOs (NGO Bureau) as a semi-autonomous entity under the Ministry of Internal Affairs to replace the National NGO Board. The NGO Bureau is mandated to register, regulate, monitor, inspect, coordinate and oversee NGO operations in the country.
- SUPPORT TO AGRICULTURAL REVITALIZATION AND TRANSFORMATION (START): 2ND CALL FOR PROPOSAL -JULY 2019 FUNDING FOR SMALL AND MEDIUM AGRIBUSINESS IN NORTHERN UGANDA
START supports Small and Medium Enterprise (SMEs) in agricultural value addition in Northern Uganda by offering affordable medium-term finance through provision of business development services, project structuring and transaction services, and seed capital in the form of concessional loans, technical assistance grants and partial guarantees.
Download submission forms at http://www.psfuganda.org/start-facility-submission-form/ and sub-mit your completed form to PSFU via e-mail:email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- MINISTRY OF WATER AND ENVIRONMENT WATER AND SANITATION DEVELOPMENT FACILITY - CENTRAL
The Government of Uganda through the Water and Sanitation Development Facility Central of the Ministry of Water and Environment has allocated funds to be used for the acquisition of supplies and works under framework contracts;
- SUPPORT TO AGRICULTURAL REVITALIZATION AND TRANSFORMATION (START)
Support to Agricultural Revitalization and Transformation (START) supports Small and Medium Enterprise (SMEs) in agricultural value addition in Northern Uganda by offering affordable medium-term finance through provision of business development services, project structuring and transaction services, and seed capital in the form of concessional loans, technical assistance grants and partial guarantees.
- SUPPORT TO AGRICULTURAL REVITALIZATION AND TRANSFORMATION (START) FUNDING FACILITY FOR SMALL MEDIAUM AGRIBUSINESSES IN NORTHERN UGANDA: 2ND CALL FOR PROPOSAL JULY 2019
UNCDF makes public and private finance world for the poor in the world's 47 least developed countries. With its capital mandate and instruments, UNCDF offers "last mile" finance models that unlock public and private resources, especially at the domestic level, to reduce poverly and support local economic development.
- KAWEMPE MBOGO HOSPITAL: FACILITY MAKEOVERS DRAWING MORE WOMEN TO FAMILY PLANNING
Seven of every 10 married women in Uganda have a need for family planning services, to either space or stop having children. Thirty nine percent of this need for family planning services remains unmet, according to the 2016 Uganda Demographic and Health Survey (UDHS) released in March 2017. Among unmarried sexually active women, this unmet need stands at 28 percent. The failure to have family planning needs met at 100 per cent is attributed to various factors.
- ADVENTIST DEVELOPMENT AND RELIEF AGENCY (ADRA): COMMITTING TO EDUCATE MORE CHILDREN IN NORTHERN KARAMOJA
Community leaders in northern Karamoja gathered in Kaabong District to launch a Declaration to improve education in the region.
- Stromme Foundation embraces innovative programming to promote Gender Equality in development.
As we celebrate women's day this year under theme "Think equal, build smart, innovate for change". We are reminded of the Journey we have walked and the innovative programming to help improve the woman's status and life in society. In the fight to eradicate poverty, we come across many trajectories that women have gone through to fight for their place in society today.
- CLARIFYING THE LEGAL, POLICY AND REGULATORY CHALLENGES RELATING TO ACCESS TO HIV AND TB SERVICES BY KEY POPULATIONS, PERSONS LIVING WITH HIV AND THOSE WITH TUBERCULOSIS
Ministry of Health and partners have made commendable efforts to reach key populations with much-needed HIV and TB services, but infections and transmission within these populations and between them and the general population remain unacceptably high.
- UGANDA MEAT PRODUCERS COOPRATIVE UNIN LTD (UMPCU)
UGANDA MEAT PRODUCERS COOPRATIVE UNIN LTD (UMPCU) UMPCU joins the rest of the world to celebrate Europe Day 9th May 2019. Uganda and the European Union have been in close partnership since 1975 when they entered the Cotonou Partnership Agreement (ACP-EU Cotonou Partnership). We acknowledge the European Union's continued contribution to development cooperation in different sectors in Uganda and the world over.
- THREE WAYS SHIPPING: NOTICE OF LIFTING OF RECEIVERSHIPAND MANAGEMENT OF THREEWAYS SHIPPING SERVICES [GROUP] LTD
The Directors and Management of Threeways Shipping Services [Group] Ltd are pleased to inform their business partners, clients, stakeholders and General Public at large that the Deed of lifting the Receivership and Management of the company was registered on the 18th day of April 2019.
- POST BANK: SUMMARY FINANCIAL STATEMENTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 DECEMBER 2018
The summary financial statements, which comprise the summary statement of financial position at 31 December 2018, the summary statement of comprehensive income for the year then ended and other disclosures, are derived from the audited financial statements of PostBank Uganda Limited for the year ended 31 December 2018