SUPPLEMENTS & NOTICES
- UGANDA JOINT CHRISTIAN COUNCIL: STATEMENT IN COMMEMORATION OF THE 16 DAYS OF ACTIVISM AGAINST GENDER BASED VIOLENCE 2018
The goal is to continue to target the institutions in hich ender-baed violence is perpetuated and push for systematic change and accountability.
- ORIENT BANK: GO CASHLESS ITH ORIENT CARD
Economy driven by use of digital payments like Visa & master cards and mobile money, as a replacement of traditional cash
- IPOD SUMMIT 2018: STRENGTHENING MULTI-PARTY GOVERNANCE IN UGANDA
- EFFICIENCIE: INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS DELIVERY WITH EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE
Efficiencie is a leading provider of technology solutions, leveraging our global resource poolto provide unmatched consultancy, support and expertise. Although we pride ourselves in creating diverse products, our greatest assets remain our people and company culture.
- UGANDA LAND COMMISSION (ULC): RELOCATION OF ULC OFFICES
This notice informs all stake holders, ministries, departments, agencies of Government and the public that effective 3rd Dec. 2018, ULC offices will be housed at Block B 4th Floor Nakawa Business park.
- PRICE WATERHOUSE COOPERS: NOTICE OF CHANGE OF VENUE FOR WORKSHOP FOLLOWING EVALUATION OF APPLICATIONS FOR REGISTRATION AS ROAD CONTRACTORS
This is to inform you that due to unavoidable circumstances, the venue of the workshop has changed from Hotel Africana to Golf Course Hotel, Kampala.
- INTERVIEW : DOTT SERVICES AHEAD OF CONSTRUCTION SCHEDULE ON TIRINYI-NAKALAMA ROAD
There is a lot of excitement in Eastern Uganda as Triinyi- Nakalama –Mbale road takes shape. This enthusiasm is partly due to the speed at which the road is being constructed. The project is being undertaken by Dott services Ltd, a locally registered company. The road stretch under construction is 99,9 kms. The contract duration is 25 months but at 7 months, 32Kms have already been upgraded to asphalt which represents 30% of the work.
- UGANDA TRADE INFORMATION PORTAL GOES LIVE: Trade portal to ease information access
The Trade ministry today launches the long-awaited trade portal, an electronic platform, which enables all interested parties to access all information regarding procedures, documentation, fees and other related charges with respect to exportation, importation and transit of goods in one place.
- THE MINISTRY OF WORKS AND TRANSPORT IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE PUBLIC PROCUREMENT AND DISPOSAL OF PUBLIC ASSETS AUTHORITY (PPDA): CRCS REGISTER AND A WORKSHOP FOLLOWING EVALUATION OF APPLICATI
ONS FOR REGISTRATION AS ROAD CONTRACTORS The main objective of the workshop is to discuss the assessment and findings of the registration exercise and to receive the applicants' feedback. The workshop will clarify any issues raised by the contractors to ensure that they improve their capacities to qualify for registration on the CRCS Register during the subsequent invitations for applications.
- COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION: UCC MARKS 20 YEARS
The Uganda Communications Commission marked 20 years with pomp and glamour. Yellow and green lights at the ceiling illuminating the room at Speke Resort Hotel Munyonyo. President Museveni said that UCC has a lot to boast about having raised mobile subscriptions from 28,196 in 1998 to more than 21 million in June 2018. More than 90 per cent of Ugandans have access to voice services while 78 per cent access internet, he said.
- Tyre Express Uganda Ltd: Dunlop
Dunlop's high-performance and ultra-high-performance tires turn driving into an exciting experience. With these performance tires, or sport tires, you'll feel every inch of the road.
- World Savings: Invest your savings wisely – Uganda Microfinance Regulatory Authority Boss
UMRA was established under section 6 of the Tier 4 Microfinance institutions and Money lenders Act 2016, the effective commencement date was July 5th 2016. The Board was inaugurated in December 2017. The authority offices are located on Wing B of Rwenzori Towers Ground floor Plot 6. Nakasero Road.
- INTERNATIONAL HOSPITAL KAMPALA: NEONATAL EVENT BUDGET - OCTOBER
FINANCIAL SUPPORT TO FACILITATE WORLD PREMACURITY DAY COMEMORATIONS. The neonatal intensive care unit at International Hospital Kampala has organized a Commemoration Event for all premature babies born at IHK in the past 5 years. This unit takes care of sick newborn babies and babies born before 36 weeks (Premature Babies).
- NAGURU TEENAGE INFORMATION AND HEALTH ENTRE (NTIHC): INTERNATIONAL DAY OF THE GIRL CHILD - TEENAGE PREGNANCY REMAINS A BIG THREAT TO GIRL CHILD.
Teenage pregnancy remains one of the obstinate forms of girls' rights violations severely impacting on the wellbeing of girls; compromising their future. A girl who becomes victim of teenage pregnancy is likely to suffer health complications that may result to death, disability, obstructed labor and obstetric fi stula, highly exposed to HIV, lose out on education opportunities and benefi ts, and eventually subjected to a lifecycle of poverty.
- CENTER FOR HEALTH, HUMAN RIGHTS AND DEVELOPMENT (CEHURD): NGO EMPOWERS GIRLS TO KNOW THEIR RIGHTS
Center for Healthis a Human Rights and Development is a non-profi t organisation that focus on health and human rights. Girls have been empowered with information to reach out to their peers and as of now, they have reached out to more than 2,000 peers within the districts of Gomba and Mukono.
- CENTRAL COFFEE FARMERS ASOCIATION (CECOFA): YIELD FUND HELPS COOPERATIVE ENHANCE MARKET ACCESS
Yeild Uganda Investment Fund and Pearl Capital Partners gave Shs.5.14b to CECOFA to increase the association's capacity to source and export larger volumes of Robusta coffee from smallholders as well as increasing the number of certified smallholder farmers.
- WATER FOR PEOPLE: INTRODUCE A BUSINESS APPROACH TO SANITATION MANAGEMENT IN UGANDA
An international NGO working in nine countries around the world. Three are in Africa and these include Uganda, Malawi and Rwanda. In Uganda, Water For People works in Kamwenge district to ensure that every household has access to safe and lasting water and sanitation services.
- ENTEBBE MUNICIPAL COUNCIL: CONGRATULATORY MESSAGE - A HAPPY 56th INDEPENDENCE
On this Auspicious occasion when we commemorate Ugandans on the 56th ANNIVERSARY of INDEPENDENCE , the Mayor , Entebbe Councilors and the residents of Entebbe Municipal council would like to convey their Congratulatory Message to President of Uganda Yoweri Kaguta Museveni, the Vice President, the Prime Minister, cabinet ministers, Members of Parliament,UPDF officers and all peace loving people. Happy Independence Day
- MINISTRY OF WATER AND ENVIRONMENT: WATER AND SANITATION DEVELOPMENT FACILITY - CENTRAL
As part of the continued efforts to address the challenge of limited access to safe water and sanitation and hygienic standards in communities, the Government of Uganda (GoU) secured a four year funding from African Development Bank (AfDB) for the Water Supply and Sanitation Programme (WSSP) for the FY 2012/13 to FY 2015/16 with the aim of supporting its efforts to achieve sustainable provision of safe water and hygiene promotion based on management responsibility and ownership by the users to 77% of the population in rural areas and 90% for small towns population by 2015. Upon successful completion, the AfDB is funding WSSP II, which is to be completed in FY 2020/21.
- MINISTRY OF WATER AND ENVIRONMENT: KARAMOJA UMBRELLA OF WATER AND SANITATION (kUws). KARAMOJA SMALL TOWNS WATER SUPPLY AND SANITATION PROJECT (KSWSSP)
The Karamoja Project is targeting development of fully functional piped water supply systems and sanitation facilities in Small Towns (STs) and rural growth centres (RGC).
- SKILL DEVELOPMENT FACILITY: SKILLING PROGRAMME GROOMS INTERNS INTO ENTREPRENEURS
Skills training initiatives to be supported are selected through a competitive process based on the merit and labour market relevance of the initiative.
- COLAS LIMITED: REGISTRATION ON THE COLAS LTD SUPPLIERS' DATABASE
COLAS Ltd, part of the COLAS Group of companies, has established a branch in Uganda to support its operations in the region. Colas Ltd now wishes to establish a database of potential suppliers, service providers and sub-contractors of good standing and with sound experience of operating in Uganda and/or East Africa.
- BELLWETHER APARTMENTS
The Bellwether Apartments are located in Olympia and convenient to shopping, restaurant, the downtown farmers market and just one block from I-5. All of our apartment homes include a full-size washer and dryer, walk-in closets, wood-burning fireplaces, and full-size decks with storage areas.
- UNITED NATIONS CHILDREN'S FUND: WHAT YOU SAY CAN MAKE OR BREAK CHILDREN
Children (however adorable and sweet they are) sometimes un- leash annoying inexcusable behaviour. And to accord punishment, an adult may decide to either bark, smack or shout at the child. Barking or shouting are some of the forms of emotional violence. According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), emotional or psychological violence includes restricting a child's movements, ridicule, threats and intimidation, discrimination, rejection and other non-physical forms of hostile treatment.
- NATIONAL ANIMAL GENETICS RESOURCES CENTRE AND DATA BANK: NAGRC RIDES ON INNOVATION, TEAMWORK AND TRANSPARENCY
National Animal Genetics Resources Centre and Data Bank, (NAGRC&DB) is a body corporate under the Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industry and Fisheries whose mandate is to take a leading role in establishing a comprehensive national animal breeding programme. Dr Charles Lagu, the chief executive officer, spoke to Daily Monitor's Paul Adude.
- LOTTERIES AND GAMING REGULATORY BOARD : LOTTERIES BOARD COMMITTED TO RESPONSIBLE GAMING
Lotteries and Gaming Regulatory Board is mandated to supervise and regulate the establishment, management and operations of lotteries, gaming betting and casinos in Uganda . Mr Edgar Agaba, the chief executive officer, spoke to Daily Monitor's Betty Ndagire.
- GOTv: WATCH LIVE SOCCER THIS SEASON
Wacth most matche from Premier League, hampions League, LaLiga an A Series
- UNITED NATIONS CONVENTION ON THE RIGHTS OF THE CHILD (CRC): CASES OF BEATING CHILDREN STILL RAMPANT IN THE COUNTRY
Across the country, physical pun- ishment is widely administered as a form of penalty for committing an offence. Schools, for example, often have a tendency of according physical punishment to students who break rules and regulations. Sometimes teachers punish students simply because they failed their examinations. Then, in homes, physical punishment may be accorded if a child refuses to do housework, disrespects a parent, and engages in fights with siblings, among other reasons.
- UNICEF: CHILDREN STILL FACE SEXUAL VIOLENCE
Back in 2012, lished a traumatising story of Joan (not real name) narrating how her Daily Monitor pubown father had repeatedly raped her on a number of occasions. As a result, the young girl sustained injuries to her private parts which oozed blood and pus. To date, the girl continues to suffer psychological distress from the ordeal. Joan is among many girls whose stories have been highlighted in the different media platforms as a way of raising awareness about the vice.
- UNICEF: THREE IN FOUR CHILDREN IN UGANDA HAVE EXPERIENCED VIOLENCE - NEW REPORT
"You are stupid! Why do you keep failing, yet, your friends are performing well in the class," shouted a furious Athieno at her eight-year-old son, Opio. Athieno, a single mother of two, was angry because her son had failed the recently concluded school second term final examinations. "Is there porridge inside your brain?" she yelled louder while pushing Opio's head against the wall. The frightened youngster retreated to a corner and wept quietly.
- NATIONAL COUNCIL OF SPORTS (NCS): SAFE SPACES FOR YOUTH
Every success is an important step in the right direction. Through sports, the youth can freely express their passion and in turn reap the benefi ts that accrue from excelling in the numerous activities.
- DanChurchAaid (DCA): YOUTH ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT PROGRAMME TO CREATE SUSTAINABLE FUTURE
Under the programme, the youth are equipped with the skills to build their capacities - not only to improve their livelihoods - but also the welfare of society as a whole.
- SEATINI / ACTIONAID: THE ROLE OF THE YOUTH IN ENSURING A FAIR AND EQUITABLE TAX SYSTEM
Taxation can be used as a tool to solve the challenges faced by the youth. One of the roles of taxation is revenue generation for government to provide social services and infrastructure for the citizens.
- GEMS CAMBRIDGE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL: 2017-2018 YEAR IN REVIEW
GEMS Cambridge International school has had an incredible 2017-2018 school year. These are some of the top highlights made possible through the generous support of our mission by our staff, partners and parents aswell as through the engagement of our students. Enrollment for the new academic year is ongoing at the school
- THE NATIONAL ANIMAL GENETIC RESOURCES CENTRE & DATA BANK (NAGRC&DB)
Our mission is to establish a comprehensive and sustainable National Animal Breeding Programme which meets the commercial and developmental interests of the actors along the livestock sub-sector value chains.