SUPPLEMENTS & NOTICES
- ADVENTIST DEVELOPMENT AND RELIEF AGENCY (ADRA): COMMITTING TO EDUCATE MORE CHILDREN IN NORTHERN KARAMOJA
Community leaders in northern Karamoja gathered in Kaabong District to launch a Declaration to improve education in the region.
- Stromme Foundation embraces innovative programming to promote Gender Equality in development.
As we celebrate women’s day this year under theme “Think equal, build smart, innovate for change”. We are reminded of the Journey we have walked and the innovative programming to help improve the woman’s status and life in society. In the fight to eradicate poverty, we come across many trajectories that women have gone through to fight for their place in society today.
- CLARIFYING THE LEGAL, POLICY AND REGULATORY CHALLENGES RELATING TO ACCESS TO HIV AND TB SERVICES BY KEY POPULATIONS, PERSONS LIVING WITH HIV AND THOSE WITH TUBERCULOSIS
Ministry of Health and partners have made commendable efforts to reach key populations with much-needed HIV and TB services, but infections and transmission within these populations and between them and the general population remain unacceptably high.
- UGANDA MEAT PRODUCERS COOPRATIVE UNIN LTD (UMPCU)
UGANDA MEAT PRODUCERS COOPRATIVE UNIN LTD (UMPCU) UMPCU joins the rest of the world to celebrate Europe Day 9th May 2019. Uganda and the European Union have been in close partnership since 1975 when they entered the Cotonou Partnership Agreement (ACP-EU Cotonou Partnership). We acknowledge the European Union’s continued contribution to development cooperation in different sectors in Uganda and the world over.
- THREE WAYS SHIPPING: NOTICE OF LIFTING OF RECEIVERSHIPAND MANAGEMENT OF THREEWAYS SHIPPING SERVICES [GROUP] LTD
The Directors and Management of Threeways Shipping Services [Group] Ltd are pleased to inform their business partners, clients, stakeholders and General Public at large that the Deed of lifting the Receivership and Management of the company was registered on the 18th day of April 2019.
- POST BANK: SUMMARY FINANCIAL STATEMENTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 DECEMBER 2018
The summary financial statements, which comprise the summary statement of financial position at 31 December 2018, the summary statement of comprehensive income for the year then ended and other disclosures, are derived from the audited financial statements of PostBank Uganda Limited for the year ended 31 December 2018
- TOP FINANCE BANK SUMMARISED FINANCIAL STATEMENTS: We have solutions for the entire working capital cycle for the customers
through a wide range of structured trade finance solutions as listed
• Import financing
• Stock, storage and inventory finance
• Discounting of receivables / invoices / contracts
• Collateral managed/monitored structures
- Atomic Energy Council makes good strides in nuclear energy regulation Atomic Energy Council makes good strides in nuclear energy regulation
The Atomic Energy Council (AEC) has continued to make strides in regulating atomic and nuclear energy applications in the country. Established in 2008, the Council is mandated to regulate the peaceful applications of ionizing radiation in Uganda to provide for the protection and safety of society and environment from dangers resulting from ionizing radiation. Despite the financial challenges associated with most government agencies, AEC has carried out 970 inspections covering 91 per cent o
- MINISTRY OF ENERGY AND MINERAL DEVELOPMENT: RURAL ELECTRIFICATION AGENCY
The Rural Electrification Agency (REA) is the Secretariat of the Rural Electrification Board (REB) as established by Statutory Instrument 2001 No. 75. The REB's main function is to oversee the management of the Rural Electrification Fund (REF) and facilitate the development and implementation of rural electrification projects under several sources of funding.
- PEARL MARINA PROVIDES SAFE, NEAT, SECURE NEIGHBOURHOODS
At the break of dawn, birds break the silence, singing as they fly from one tree to another. In a distance, is the sound of water waves softly hitting against the shoreline sands. The morning sunlight illuminates through the bedroom curtains.
- MINISTRY OF WATER AND ENVIRONMENT: CLIMAX OF UGANDA WATER AND ENVIRONMENT WEEK 2019
The Ministry of Water and Environment held the Second Uganda Water and Environment Week (UWEWK) at the Water Resource Institute in Entebbe starting on Monday 18th March and is concluding on Friday 22nd, March 2019 with the annual commemoration of three important International Environmental Days: World Forest Day, World Water Day and World Meteorological Day.
- STROMME FOUNDATION: EMBRACE INNOVATIVE PROGRAMMING TO PROMOTE GENDER EQUALITY IN DEVELOPMENT
Stromme Foundation's programming focuses at providing especially the rural and urban poor with opportunities to improve their livelihoods through enhanced income generation. Our Community Managed Savings Groups bring together a group of 30 self-selected members with about 70% of women and 30% for men. They come together to save, acquire loans at reasonable rates and invest as a group or individuals.
- UMKOKWING UNIVERSITY: 21st century education fusing academic excellence with industry innovation
The speed at which the world moves, demands that industry must respond rapidly to win the business. The most successful and innovative companies are those that hire highly skilled and knowledgeable people who are also very capable in not just meeting opportunities but also creating them.
- LIMKOKWING UNIVERSITY-UGANDA: Limkokwing University to nurture job creators in Uganda
Limkokwing University is a private international university operating in Africa, Europe and Asia with its main campus in Malaysia. The university has launched its operations in Uganda. Ms. Dato Gail Phung, Senior Vice President Corporate Development spoke to Daily Monitor's David Stanley Mukooza.
- MAKERERE UNIVERSITY: ANNOUNCEMENT FOR 2019/2020 UNDERGRADUATE PRIVATE ADMISSIONS
The Academic Registrar, Makerere University invites applications from Ugandan, East African, S.Sudan and International applicants for the Undergraduate programmes under the private sponsorship scheme for the 2019/2020 Academic year.
- PWC: Take the opportunity of a lifetime
PWD helps organizations and individuals create the value they are looking for. We're a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 250,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in Assurance Tax and Advisory services.
- [email protected] YEARS:$6.5B WORTH OF PROJECTS REGISTERED ALONG NILE BASIN IN 20 YEARS
The Nile Basin Initiative reached a two-decade milestone since its inception, staking its relevance for the riparian populations with $6.5 billion worth of projects registered in its two-decade existence.
- NATIONAL MEDICAL STORES:
The Board of Director, Management and Staff of National Medical Stores (NMS) wish to congratulate H.E.Yoweri Kaguta Mueveni, the President of the Republic of Uganda, Cabinet, Parliament, Judiciary and all fellow Ugandan as we mark 33years of Steady Progress under the leaderhip of National Resistance Movement (NRM).
- GEMS CIK - the Future of Education
We are part of the GEMS Education Global network, the largest K-12 education provider in the world. GEMS has been operating since 1968 and now with over 300 schools in 20 countries; its aim is to provide 'quality education to every young person'. Our world-wide network of 300,000 students allows our learners to interact in a collaborative global learning environment with other GEMS schools, through exchanges and modern communication. At GEMS CIK teaches the National C